Wednesday 4 January 2023

Some behind the scenes info about Winter Cheer

 Hey everyone,


I wanted to share a little bit about the process of creating my new Christmas album, "Winter Cheer".


One of the things that I love about making music is the ability to experiment and try new things. For this album, I had the chance to do just that. I used a mix of traditional instruments, like guitars and piano, and my rarely used flute, as well as virtual instruments and software to create the sounds and arrangement


One of the challenges of recording a Christmas album is finding a balance between the classic, timeless sound of the holiday season and incorporating more modern production techniques. I think I struck that balance on "Winter Cheer".


For example, on the track "Carol of the Bells," I used a combination of live guitars and virtual instruments to create the backing track. I wanted to capture the energy and excitement of the song, but also maintain that classic holiday sound.


Last Christmas I made a sort of companion to the album. I completely redid the mix of "Silent Night" and added vocals with the help of Marie Ork aka Alter/Ego.


I hope you'll give "Winter Cheer" a listen some time.


Barnaby Tremayne.


No comments:

Post a Comment