Tuesday 17 January 2023

FAWM 2023

 Hey friends!


I just wanted to drop in and share some exciting news with you all - I'm taking on the February Album Writing Month (FAWM) challenge! For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a songwriting challenge where participants aim to write 14 songs in the 28 days of February. I've always been up for a challenge and I think this is going to be a great opportunity to push myself as a songwriter and see what I'm capable of.


As I gear up for this adventure, I wanted to share some tips that have helped me in the past when getting ready for a songwriting challenge.


First things first, it's all about setting realistic goals for yourself. 14 songs in 28 days is no small feat, so don't put too much pressure on yourself. Instead, focus on the process of writing and creating and enjoy the ride.


Another tip that's helped me is to start gathering inspiration early. This could be watching a movie, listening to a new album, or even taking a walk in nature. The more inspiration you have, the easier it'll be to come up with new ideas and concepts for your songs.


I also like to have a solid writing routine in place. This could mean setting aside a specific time each day to work on songwriting, or having a dedicated writing space. Whatever works best for you, make sure you stick to it as much as possible.


And don't forget about the tools! Having the right tools is key to streamlining the songwriting process. This could mean having a notebook for lyrics, a recording app for demos or a good DAW for composing.


But the most important thing for me is to remember to be open to experimentation and trying new things. Songwriting can be a very personal process, and it's easy to get bogged down by self-doubt or fear of failure. Remember, not every song you write will be a masterpiece, and that's okay. The goal is to have fun and enjoy the process of creating.


So there you have it, I'm all set and ready to take on this challenge. I'm excited to see what I can come up with in the next 28 days and can't wait to share my progress with you all. If you're also participating in FAWM or any other songwriting challenges, I wish you all the best of luck and please feel free to share your own tips and tricks.


Happy songwriting, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment