Thursday 5 January 2023

Creativity and mental health

 As someone who has struggled with mental illness for much of my life, I've learned that finding healthy ways to cope and manage my symptoms is crucial. For me, one of the most effective forms of self-care has been turning to art and music.


Experimenting with different mediums and styles has been a way for me to express myself and process my thoughts and emotions. Whether it's drawing, painting, writing songs, or playing an instrument, creating something from scratch has always had a therapeutic effect on me.


I've found that the process of creating something – whether it's a finished piece of art or a rough draft – can be incredibly cathartic. It allows me to channel my energy and focus on the present moment, rather than getting lost in my own negative thoughts.


In addition to the personal benefits, I've also found that sharing my art and music with others can be a powerful way to connect and find community. Whether it's through social media or live performances, sharing my creations with others has helped me to feel less alone in my struggles.


If you're someone who is struggling with mental health issues, I highly recommend giving art and music a try. You don't have to be an expert or have any particular talent – the important thing is to find something that brings you joy and helps you to feel more grounded. Who knows, it might just become your go-to form of self-care.

No comments:

Post a Comment