Friday 27 January 2023

Living with Imposter Syndrome

 Living with imposter syndrome is like constantly feeling like a fraud in your own skin. It's a constant nagging voice that tells you that you're not good enough, that you don't belong and that you will be exposed as a fraud. 


I remember the first time I shared my work online, I felt like I didn't belong and that my art wasn't good enough. But that feeling never really went away. It's been with me through every new project, every performance, and every time someone compliments my work. 


It's not just my art, it's everything. I doubt my abilities in every aspect of my life. It's been hard, it's affected my relationships, my work, everything. I've been afraid to share my work, to take on new projects, because I was convinced I would fail. 


But you know what? I've come to realize that I'm not alone in feeling this way. A lot of people struggle with imposter syndrome. It's not something that can be cured, but it can be managed. I'm learning to be kinder to myself. I remind myself that mistakes are a part of the creative process, and that I'm not alone in feeling this way. 


I've also learned to surround myself with people who support me and believe in me. And I try to focus on my accomplishments, rather than my shortcomings. I remind myself of the times when my art has been positively received, and the times when I've overcome obstacles. It's not easy, but it's worth it.


So, if you're reading this and you feel like a fraud, just know that you're not alone. We all feel like that sometimes. But we can learn to manage it, and that's what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment