Tuesday 28 February 2023

Last Day of FAWM

 As February draws to a close, I find myself looking back on the past month with a mix of exhaustion and pride. For those who don't know, February is also known as FAWM, or February Album Writing Month. The goal is to write 14 songs in 28 days, and I'm happy to say that I made it, just barely.


It was a wild ride, to say the least. There were days when I had no inspiration, and others when I was bursting with ideas. I wrote about love, loss, hope, and everything in between. Some of the songs flowed easily, while others felt like pulling teeth. But through it all, I kept going, determined to reach the end.


Now that FAWM is over, I'm looking forward to the next step: recording an album. I've decided to call it "672 Hours," after the number of hours in February. It's a fitting title, considering how much time and effort went into creating these songs.


But as proud as I am of my accomplishment, I can't help but reflect on the bigger picture. As someone on the autism spectrum, I know all too well the challenges that come with pursuing creative endeavors. Sensory issues, executive dysfunction, and difficulty with social interaction can all make it harder to stay focused and motivated.


But despite these obstacles, I refused to give up. I found ways to work around my difficulties, whether it was taking breaks when I needed them, using noise-cancelling headphones to block out distractions, or asking friends for feedback and support.


And in the end, it was all worth it. The feeling of accomplishment I get from completing a project like this is indescribable. It reminds me that, despite the challenges, I'm capable of achieving great things.


So here's to all the other FAWMers out there who made it to the end, and to anyone else who's pursuing a creative passion. Keep going, even when it feels like you can't. The end result is always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment