Saturday 17 December 2011

TRINITY ALBUM CANCELLED

Hello readers, I'm very sad to say that the Trinity album is cancelled. After a lot of work and a lot of time, I finally got to listen to the almost finished product. 6 of the 9 songs are finished and ready for release. After listening to some well trusted opinions, it was agreed that the album just didn't quite work.

But it's not all bad news, some of the album is salvageable and with a little work I should be able to make a new album out of the remnants. Hopefully it will be ready by New Year's, if I really put the work in. Christmas is a quiet time for me, so I should be free to record everything I need.

The plan for Trinity was a departure from my previous work, to add electronic elements to my mostly acoustic music to create new textures. There are rough demos online at mediafire/barnabytremayne, and I will upload the complete album (such as it is) for a limited time just in case anyone wants to hear it.

So what's next? I was playing the very first demos for Trinity and I realised how different it is to the original concept. The plan is to return to the original plan and start again, keeping it simpler this time. Luckily, most of the material is recyclable and I should be able to recreate the earlier work very quickly. Working title for the new album is Absentia (I'll let you figure out why).

Til next time,

Barnaby J. Tremayne.

1 comment:

  1. So what's next? I was once playing the very first demos for Trinity and that i realised how exclusive it is to the customary concept. online movies
    The plan is to return to the long-established plan and begin again, maintaining it simpler this time.

    ReplyDelete